Become part of the solution
Together we can work to make a difference. If you feel that you are an excellent candidate based on the job description and requirements for any position posted, please download an employment application or email it to email@example.com. All final candidates must pass a drug screening, reference check, and criminal background check.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
Make A Difference
Go home knowing you made a difference. You will feel like a million bucks every day.
We offer competitive benefits and a great work environment.
Download Application for Employment and email it and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Job Openings
Director of Development
Summary of the Job :
This position is responsible for overseeing the design, implementation and monitoring of all efforts to leverage donations of financial, human and in-kind resources in support of The Samaritan Inn’s mission. This includes providing fundraising leadership and oversight for major donor relations and solicitation, proposal writing, grants tracking and reporting, unrestricted fundraising, special events, public relations and community outreach, volunteer coordination, and any capital campaigns. As a member of the Inn’s Leadership Team, the Development Director shares responsibility with other program Directors and managers for providing good stewardship of resources.
- Develop and implement a fundraising plan with specific and measurable goals and objectives for development of restricted and unrestricted funds.
- Implement a strategy linked to the fundraising plan to solicit new sources of funding.
- Oversee and generate income from direct mail appeals, foundations, special fundraising events, major donors, capital gift campaigns and other areas as specified by the Chief Executive Officer.
- To collaborate with other designated staff and outside vendors so that all communications and mailings completed with excellence and in a timely manner.
- When necessary will oversee the coordination of capital campaigns in conjunction with the Chief Executive Officer. This involves identifying prospects, arranging meetings with prospects, and overseeing special events for the campaign.
- Make public appearances and engage in outside speaking engagements to share the work of The Samaritan Inn with the community.
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a regular basis to maintain donor engagement.
- Serve as an agency representative to various groups who conduct third-party fundraisers.
- Serve as a liaison to corporate donors, churches and faith communities, community groups, and individuals ensuring their continued satisfaction and involvement with the agency.
- Oversee staff members assigned to Marketing, Grants, Volunteer Services, and Special Events.
- Coordinate the work of The Board of Director’s Fundraising Committee.
- The Director shall be a member of The Inn’s Leadership Cabinet.
- Required to attend all Cabinet Meetings.
- Compile necessary reports for the Chief Executive Officer and Board of Directors.
- Develop the Development Department’s annual objectives, work plans, and schedule. This includes: developing and supervising all publications that represent The Samaritan Inn, coordinating and managing a planned giving program, implementing and directing major gift solicitation program to corporations and affluent individuals.
- The Director will oversee and approve all public relation news releases for the news media.
- Present a realistic budget for Development, Marketing, Special Events, Grants, and Volunteers to the Chief Executive Officer as requested for consideration in forming the annual budget.
- University degree (BA) required; graduate degree preferred
- Ability to work non-traditional hours including weeknights and weekends
- Minimum of five (5) years of professional work experience with progressive levels of responsibility, including supervisory and fundraising experience
- Knowledge of and experience with the north Texas philanthropic community desired
- Good judgment and unquestionable ethical integrity
- Demonstrably high level of confidence earned from experience as a successful fundraising professional; emotionally resilient
- Passionate and genuine service-oriented disposition is a must
- Individual should be creative, resourceful, detail-oriented, and flexible, possessing a positive attitude, tact, good judgment, cultural sensitivity, and the ability to work well as a team member with staff, community professionals, and volunteers.
- Ability to set expectations, establish priorities and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications (especially Word, Excel, Outlook) and internet research
- Passion for the work and programs of The Samaritan Inn and ability to effectively communicate the organization’s vision to a wide range of audiences.
The Director will oversee the work of the Marketing Coordinator, two Volunteer Coordinators, Grants Administrators (contract and employee), Donations Manager, and the Special Events Coordinator.
Expected to cultivate a team of dedicated and motivated professionals and provide coaching and internal training, and management of departmental objectives and initiatives.
Internally collaborate with the Chief Executive Officer and other members of the Inn’s Leadership Team.
Externally cultivate and maintain relationships with a wider range of high-end individual donors, corporate leaders, and community partners.
The Samaritan Inn is seeking to hire a part time cook.
Job Summary: The Cook–Food Service Manager is responsible for the preparation of all meals for The Samaritan Inn residents.
Must have or must obtain Food Service Manager’s License from the State of Texas.
Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check. To apply, please email application and resume to email@example.com.