Become part of the solution
Together we can work to make a difference. If you feel that you are an excellent candidate based on the job description and requirements for any position posted, please download an employment application or email it to email@example.com. All final candidates must pass a drug screening, reference check, and criminal background check.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
Make A Difference
Go home knowing you made a difference. You will feel like a million bucks every day.
We offer competitive benefits and a great work environment.
Download Application for Employment and email it and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Job Openings
Associate Volunteer Coordinator
Position Title: Associate Volunteer Coordinator
Reports to: Associate Director of Development
Summary of the Job:
This individual will work hand in hand with the Volunteer and Development teams to provide a valuable experience for those interested in volunteering with The Inn, while meeting the needs of various departments within the shelter. They will develop strong relationships with individual and group volunteers beginning with preliminary contact followed by orientation, training, scheduling and finally volunteer recognition. This position will require some evening and weekend responsibilities.
· Answer all calls, texts and emails to the volunteer hotline in a timely manner.
· Guide new volunteers to the correct process to begin volunteering.
· Evaluate and determine new volunteer positions and help clearly define the position.
· Maintain volunteer schedule, including requesting weekly fill in volunteers.
· Welcome volunteer groups and serve as their point of contact when appropriate to insure a positive, productive experience.
· Present the new volunteer orientation and training as necessary.
· Provide direction for onsite group volunteers, as needed.
· Problem solve with Volunteer Team.
· Provide assistance, as needed, for the Meal Program.
· Update the Volunteer Database regularly to maintain clean records.
· Help supervise any individual and group volunteers as needed.
· Experience in Volunteer Management preferred.
· Experience in public speaking.
· Basic understanding of Volunteer Management required.
· SalesForce experience a plus.
· Excellent organizational and time management skills.
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment.
This position will require 3-5 days/week and 1-2 weekends per month throughout the year, with a maximum of 20 hours per week.
Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Position Title: Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
Summary of the Job:
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator is responsible for increasing brand awareness and strengthening the organization’s reputation. The ability to develop and implement the vision of The Samaritan Inn’s strategic marketing plan is critical to success.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and oversee The Samaritan Inn’s strategic marketing plan and objectives
- Design marketing tactics for specific campaigns including special events
- Establish social media marketing plan with an emphasis on building an elevated partnership program
- Produce graphic images for special events and other organizational campaigns
- Create personas and implement strategies to reach targeted demographic
- Assist with creating organization images, identify and brand awareness
- Establish relationships with local media and serve as medial spokesperson
- Write and distribute press releases and prepare information as needed for the media
- Track, monitor and evaluate public relations strategies and media impressions
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Prepare and provide monthly talking points for staff and volunteer leadership
- Create sales materials for partnership discussions and activation
- Act as liaison with residents, willing and able to interview residents as relates to marketing
- Work with photographer to coordinate photo opportunities and develop photo library
- High school diploma, some college or courses related to marketing, communications, advertising or public relations preferred
- Minimum 3 years in Marketing, Communications or Public Relations
- Building strong relationships with the media
- Strong track record of positioning an organization to achieve tangible outcomes
- Graphic design experience preferred
- Experience in campaigns and digital communications a plus
- Must be detailed oriented, organized and capable of multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Willing and able to work a flexible schedule while maintaining professionalism under high pressure situations
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, social media, creative services and design programs
- Bilingual preferred